A Timber Pest Inspection was recently carried out in Castle Hill and to the homeowner’s surprise a mature nest of Subterranean Termites known as Nasutitermes exitiosus was found to the rear of the property. The area which backs on to a reserve and was a bit overgrown with grasses & weeds which helped to hide the nest, (pictured below).
This species of Termite, which can be easily found throughout almost all areas of the Sydney region, constructs a ground mound nest generally up to 750mm high and can be found nesting under decks and sub-floors of houses. They can cause a fair amount of damage to hardwood fences, posts and sub-floors where timbers are in contact with the soil, or damp or rotting timbers.
This species of Subterranean Termite does not cause as extensive damage as other much more destructive species, (also found all over Sydney), unless it goes undetected for some time. Fortunately for this homeowner in the Hills District, this nest was detected during their Timber Pest Inspection and was able to be easily destroyed by our service technician on the day.
Scenarios such as this serve as a timely reminder for homeowner’s to ensure they have at the least an annual Timber Pest Inspection before its too late and infestations attack homes. This in turn can lead to costly repair bills, disruptions, stress and anxiety and many more complications.
A thorough timber pest inspection and report is the first step towards finding the right solution for your property and budget.
A timber pest inspection will cover all readily accessible areas of your property – internal, external (grounds, trees, fences etc), roof void, sub-floor and outbuildings (sheds, garages etc). Timber pest inspections take approximately two hours to complete on an average sized three bedroom home. Your Timber Pest Inspector will provide you with a detailed written report on:
- Any visual evidence of timber pest activity and the extent of the activity and/or damage located.
- A summary of any timber pest/s identified and a brief description of the potential damage they could to cause to your property.
- How susceptible your property is to Termite attack, by looking at elements in the environment of your property which will make it more conducive to infestation and make recommendations for improving the environment around the property, making it lest suitable for Subterranean Termites and other timber pests.
- Recommendations for a management plan to attack any current infestation and aid in reducing any risk of future infestations.
- Report on any pre existing property management plan and make recommendations to ensure its effectiveness, whilst educating you on its maintenance requirements.
At Amalgamated Pest Control, we have highly trained, customer focused Timber Pest Technicians and have a great range of products and services and support that will take the pain out of termite management.
Don’t take the chance of termite infestation damage and costly repairs, book in a timber inspection today. Call Amalgamated Pest Control Sydney on 1300 127 748.